Thursday, October 16, 2014

Reflection

All in all I believe that I did a fairly good job composing the paper over all.  There were a few points where digging into the posters to find the Ethos, Logos,and Pathos were rather challenging.  It is hard to look “beneath” the poster and see how it was constructed to catch the readers attention.  It was also interesting some of these posters used fear to get the readers to do what the people that created it wanted them to do.  
Looking back I believe that I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish in this paper.  This is my first professional rhetorical analysis ever in my college career, I guess I could have done one subconsciously in the course of my college career, but this is my first one I have submitted for an academic grade.  Once I got into a sort of rhythm of composing and drafting my paper, explaining the Ethos, Logos, and Pathos became very easy.  I hope that it actually was easy, and I just did not do it wrong.

I believe that I went with my design plan.  I believe that I followed all the main points of my design plan as well.  I explained the Ethos, Logos, and Pathos for each poster.  I also explained how the visual and the text worked together to get the message across to the reader, or audience.  Overall rhetorical analysis did start off as something big and scary, but once you dive into it, it really is not that bad.  I thought that it was going to be impossible to do because it looked hard, but as it turns out it really was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment